Hybrid Operating Suites
As of July 2013, Memorial will become the first and only hospital in the region to house two state-of-the-art hybrid operating rooms, dramatically enhancing the delivery of care in the region.
What is a Hybrid Operating Suite?
A surgical room that allows specialists using a multidisciplinary approach to combine imaging services and surgical procedures in the same space. They offer advanced imaging with an angiography system to perform complex minimally invasive surgical procedures. Hybrid operating suites allow physicians to collaborate to effectively treat stroke and other conditions by blending open, minimally invasive, catheter-based and image-guided procedures.
Our Hybrid Operating Suites
Through the collaboration of Memorial's Interventional Radiologists, Cardiologists, Cardiovascular Surgeons, General Surgeons, Neurosurgeons and Trauma Surgeons, our two hybrid operating suites will transform the level of advanced care in Michiana. With the ability to provide one-stop comprehensive care in the same setting for stroke, aneurysms, major trauma and cardiovascular conditions, Memorial is leading the region in providing state-of-the-art diagnostic and surgical care that will save more lives.
Memorial's two new hybrid operating suites are equipped with advanced medical imaging devices such as fixed C-arms, CT and MRI scanners. Having these technologies available inside the operating room will allow for quicker, safer and more convenient access to medical imaging services for patients and medical staff.
Benefits of a Hybrid Operating Suite
The implementation of Memorial's hybrid operating rooms will provide the following benefits to both patients and clinicians:
- A multidisciplinary approach allows interventional radiologists, surgeons and trauma experts to work together to provide safer, quicker and more efficient services
- Flat-panel detectors enable physicians to obtain three-dimensional images in high resolution, without the distortion common with conventional x-ray techniques
- Higher quality images, resulting in a faster and more accurate diagnosis for patients
- Patients receive the lowest possible dose of radiation
- The ergonomic design of the system eliminates time-consuming and uncomfortable patient repositioning in the exam room, making the procedure faster and less stressful for the patient
- A tableside touch-screen display enables full system control and leads to improved confidence during the procedure
- Positioning flexibility of equipment allows for the most advanced clinical cases
|The Artis zee biplane is for acute intervention for ischemic stroke and treatment of cerebral aneurysms and cranial vascular malformations.||The Artis zeego has vascular traumatic application, combined open and percutaneous vascular interventions such as stent grafts.|